Some of my favorite things in cooking magazines are when readers suggest quick dinners that they can whip up on nights that cooking a huge 5 star dinner isn't going to happen. I always have a few things on hand in case these nights occur.
For example I like to have frozen meatballs on hand for those nights that I only have time to boil water for pasta and make a quick sauce. Or for meatball sammies, swedish meetballs, even hoison meatballs for apps.
Sometimes an easy dinner is just something you can cook without thinking to hard. Tonight for example I made "Salisbury steak". I made hamburger patties (see my burger recipe) cooked them up and served them on garlic toast topped with mashed potatoes and gravy. Add a side salad and there you go.
If any of my whopping 15 readers have some great easy dinners they'd like to share add them to the comments section at the bottom of this post. Lets make this fun peeps.
Kristina Franklin Here... I'm too lazy to add an account so that I can type on your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteI always have black beans on hand. I can make anything with those! Whip up a black bean & corn salsa and some quesadillas for a super brainless meal. :) YUM!
I love to have pot stickers on hand. It makes my stir fry dinner nights that I throw together usually on a weekly basis nicer. Also they are great for apps to have on an appetizer night.
ReplyDelete